"A classic recipe: I. Luxury of a country house hotel. II. Taste of award-winning food. III. Comfort of a destination spa. IV. Timelessness of the Teesdale countryside."
Your break includes:
- 1 night's accommodation in a Classic Room
- 2 adult tickets to The Bowes Museum
- Award-winning 3-course dinner, à la carte, served in Gilroy's Dining Room
- Full English breakfast the next morning
- Free Wi-Fi & free on-site parking
Why We Love The Morritt:
- Classic creeper-clad country house hotel near Barnard Castle
- Former coaching inn in the late-17th Century, now a heritage hotel
- Award-winning, motoring-themed The Garage Spa with thermal suite
- Delicious 2-AA-Rosette-awarded modern British cuisine
- It is thought that Charles Dickens stayed at The Morritt in 1838
- The Bowes Museum is an 8-minute drive from The Morritt Hotel
About The Bowes Museum:
This magnificent French château was built in the 19th Century by John and Joséphine Bowes. They envisaged a museum dedicated to European fine and decorative arts from the Middle Ages right up to the present day. And so it is that today you can wander 3 floors of world-class art collections - artefacts from the wardrobe of Empress Eugenie and other stunning pieces from the Blackborne Lace Collection; paintings by El Greco, Goya and Canaletto; the beloved silver swan automaton; and much more.